Friday, September 25, 2009

#254-245 Sorry I suck

Wow. I've been terrible at posting anything at all. There has been quite a lot going on in our lives non-wedding related, but that's really not a good excuse.

So where we are in the planning... Geesh the days keep slipping away so quickly. We went to visit an absolutely gorgeous facility last night. The Columbus Athenaeum. My fiance is in love. We're both very visual people, which is sort of funny. We're the type of people that have a vision in their head, but find it very difficult to verbalize to another person, we just have to see exactly what it is that we're looking for and when we do we buy it. I hope someone else out there understands what I'm talking about. My mom experienced this for the first time ever this past year when she was shopping for an outfit to wear to my brother's wedding. In her head she knew exactly what she wanted and didn't want to settle for anything else. She called me one day and said "I finally understand why you're so difficult to shop with." Well any way WE just loves this place, and I do too, but I'm a bit more practical about it than he is, I think we should see a couple more places and then decide for certain. http://www.columbusmeetings.com/index.php?PageID=14

I've also finished all my puff balls, well I think i have at least. I'm not considering buying yet another color, a sort of Magenta to go along as a intermingler from the red to the purple. Have I mentioned that I'm an artist. :) I'm not famous or anything, but I do paint and draw, and things have to be visually just right as far as colors go, especially when they're analogous like reds and purples are.

I'm also considering making a small print/ painting as the favor to our guests. Something meaningful to the wedding but not something cheesy with our names and wedding date that would just get tossed out after being in the garbage drawer in the kitchen for a number of years. We're doing the Beatles sort of theme for music, and I think I want to have the base theme be "I Want To Hold Your Hand" so maybe something with hands. I did a art therapy project on hands in a metaphor and meanings class in college, they've always sorta meant something special to me.

Last but definitly not least I've ordered and recieved my paper flower kits as well as a paper butterfly kit from Paper-Source.com the most amazing site ever I think. I haven't started putting them together yet, but I'm extremely excited about them. And I'm considering using the butterflies for my bouquet.


These kits only run about $14 a piece and come with the patterns so you can make them any colors you like. There's also assorted flowers and such on the web site.

Okay, I'm off, to all of you happy planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment